Monday, October 27, 2008

Music Monday #2

For my next Music Monday, I'm going with someone completely different than last week.....they are only similar in that they are both singer songwriters and both male. :) For some of you, this artist will be completely new but for others he is probably one of your favorites too. I first heard Steven Curtis Chapman when I was in Jr High School. I fell in love with his voice and his beautiful lyrics. I wanted to share one of his older songs, one of my favorite love songs of all time (very popular at weddings now). He wrote it for his wife, which makes me love it more. Here is "I Will Be Here" by Steven Curtis Chapman.



If that one didn't make you cry, if you have a little girl this one probably will...I know it gets me every time. This is one of his most recent songs, "Cinderella" with the story behind the song at the end.



Check out Steven's website to learn more about him and hear more great music.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness! That made me cry. It takes me back to the days when that first came out and we were in High School. I remember dreaming of the one who would say that to me one day, my how many things get muddied and change as we grow older huh? Love you.

Amy said...

And now I listen to the next one and I am bawling. Thanks Tam! Thanks! :op

tammy said...

Cinderella makes me bawl too...they played it at our church on Father's Day and had the silhouette dancing playing like the video. I was sobbing. He's so good at writing songs that get to you.